Arugula Pistou and Eggs on Toast
4-8 (about 1 pint of sauce)
- 2 cups arugula, firmly packed
- 1 cup picked parsley, firmly packed
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated finely
- Thick slices of your favorite rustic loaf bread
- Canola Oil for frying
- Put arugula, parsley, olive oil, sea salt, and garlic into a food processor and spin just until everything is coarsely chopped. Don’t have a food processor? You can easily mince the greens with a knife then mix with the rest of the sauce ingredients in a bowl!
- Next, toast your bread slices until just golden but still soft in the middle.
- On your plate, spread as much of the pistou as you’d like over the toast.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with the canola oil until shimmering, then add your egg to fry until white is cooked through and yolk is still runny.
- Gently place the egg on top of the sauced toast, spoon a generous helping of Mr Bing Chili Crisp on top and enjoy!