- 1 pound small, thin skinned cucumbers (Persian or Kirby are best)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Mr Bing Chili Crisp, stirred well
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced finely
- 1.5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- Cut a very small amount of cucumber ends off, then slice into ¼ inch rounds.
- Toss with the salt and place in a colander over a bowl and set in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Combine chili crisp, rice vinegar, ginger, sugar, and sesame oil in another bowl.
- After 15 minutes, rinse the cucumbers very well under cold running water and drain off any excess water.
- Add cucumbers to the chili crisp mixture along with the red onion and cucumber and gently stir to combine.
Can be eaten right away or kept chilled until ready to serve.